Salary and Outlook
According to the US Department of Labor, there are 191,100 people employed as career profile - architectural and engineering... in
the United States.
The median annual salary is $152,350. Entry level employees earn approximately $99,350 per year and senior employees earn approximately $208,000 (or more) per year.
Estimates do not include other potential benefits such as health insurance, overtime, or retirement benefits that may be offered by employers.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, or market demand.
- Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Establish scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Direct recruitment, placement, and evaluation of architecture or engineering project staff.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
- Develop or implement programs to improve sustainability or reduce the environmental impacts of engineering or architecture activities or operations.
- Evaluate the environmental impacts of engineering, architecture, or research and development activities.
- Plan or direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities or equipment.
- Identify environmental threats or opportunities associated with the development and launch of new technologies.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate survey work with other project activities.
- Evaluate environmental regulations or social pressures related to environmental issues to inform strategic or operational decision-making.
- Solicit project support by conferring with officials or providing information to the public.
- Administer highway planning, construction, or maintenance.
- Direct the engineering of water control, treatment, or distribution projects.