Sponsor is PNC Bank, National Association ("PNC"). These official rules (the “Official Rules” or “Rules”) shall govern the PNC Student Lending Scholarship Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), which awards $2,000 scholarships once every six months randomly to six students who register for a user account on PNC.FinancialLiteracy101.org, meet the eligibility requirements and opt into the PNC Student Lending Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules.
Please read the following information for complete rules.
- The Sweepstakes awards scholarships twice yearly on or around June 1 and December 1. Students who register for a financial literacy account, meet the eligibility requirements, and opt into the Sweepstakes and Official Rules will be eligible for the two drawings falling within 12 months of opting into the Sweepstakes.
- To enter the Sweepstakes, students must create an account at PNC.FinancialLiteracy101.org, meet the requirements described below, and opt into the Sweepstakes. Only one account per person is permitted.
To be eligible for an award, a student must meet the following requirements on the date of each Sweepstakes drawing:
- Fill out all required information including the name and location of their college or university
- Be a legal resident of the United States who is 18 years of age or older at the time of opting into the Sweepstakes.
- Verify to be an undergraduate college student enrolled at least half-time at a PNC Solution Loan®-eligible college or university during the term the scholarship is awarded. A list of eligible schools can be found here.
- Be able to provide documentation of eligibility if name is drawn.
- Each scholarship shall be paid directly to the accredited college, university or other institution of higher learning as designated by the winner, in care of the individual winner. The scholarship is not assignable or transferable and there shall be no changes or substitutions.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Entries are eligible only for the two drawings falling within 12 months of first opting into the Sweepstakes. In order submit an eligible entry for subsequent drawings, you must log into your financial literacy account and opt in to the drawings for the subsequent twelve months.
- Scholarship winners will be required to execute, and return a Verification of Eligibility and Release of Liability.
- The winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, licensing and any other fees.
- No purchase or financial commitment is required to be eligible for the scholarship award.
- One entry/account per person. One entry per drawing.
- No employees, officers, directors and/or any relatives or members of the same household of any employee, officer or director of Decision Partners LLC or The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries or any other related entities are eligible to enter.
- Decision Partners LLC will randomly select six winners from the list of students who meet the eligibility requirements on or around June 1 and December 1 of each year. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone within five (5) business days of the drawing using the contact information available through their PNC.FinancialLiteracy101.org account. Winners will have ten (10) business days from notification to accept the prize by responding to PNC by email or phone call. Decision Partners and PNC shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts or fails to claim the scholarship, another winner will be selected in his/her place, at a later date to be determined. Decision Partners LLC and PNC reserve the right to interpret these Official Rules and to make decisions concerning the award, acceptance and use of scholarships in situations not covered by these Rules.
- By submitting an eligible entry, the student agrees that, in the instance that the student is a winner, Decision Partners LLC and PNC have the right to reprint, distribute and/or use the winner's name and other information related to their scholarship eligibility, education, or other personal information provided by the winner to Decision Partners LLC or PNC in any press releases, advertisements, promotions and promotional materials without any recourse against such entities and each winner agrees to hold such entities harmless for such use. The student also agrees that Decision Partners LLC and PNC have the right to use their contact information to contact their college or university's financial aid office for the purposes of contacting the winner and/or confirming their eligibility. If Decision Partners LLC and/or PNC is unsuccessful in confirming the winner eligibility, after two phone/email attempts, the award will be forfeited and a random drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received to award any unclaimed award(s).
- Decision Partners LLC and PNC shall not be liable for any injury or damage related to or resulting from entering or winning the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold Decision Partners LLC and PNC harmless from any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the program or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Decision Partners LLC and PNC are not responsible for any prizes lost in the U. S. Mail and are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials, for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible sweepstakes materials, for Sweepstakes materials that are processed late or incorrectly, or that are lost due to any reason whatsoever.
- If, for any reason, the online financial literacy program is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Decision Partners LLC and/or PNC which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Decision Partners LLC and PNC reserve the right to terminate the promotion and not draw any winners. Decision Partners LLC and PNC reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Decision Partners LLC and PNC reserve the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
- Decision Partners LLC and PNC furthermore reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship sweepstakes for financial or other business reasons without prior notice.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The scholarship sweepstakes winners will be posted at http://www.decisionpartners.org/PNC. To obtain the winner's names, you may also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked "Attn: PNC Scholarship Winner" to the address below.
- All questions and/or correspondence pertaining to this contest, or to receive these official rules in writing, contact Decision Partners LLC, 152 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 8, Concord, MA 01742.
<< Scholarship Registration